Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Affidavit of support exceptions Form: What You Should Know

U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department If the Federal Poverty Guidelines change, it does not render an I-864 invalid. If your sponsor fails to meet the  minimal Federal poverty guidelines, you may still qualify for a Form I-864 for Exemption for Intending Immigrant  Sponsor's Affidavit of Support (2) A sponsoring person must provide an I-864 with all required supporting documents to the  U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The I-864 may be provided by an authorized United States sponsor or from a third party if that person is an approved United States attorney. For assistance in completing an I-864 for Exemption for Intending Immigration  Sponsor's Affidavit of Support, contact your local USCIS office. 9 FAM 601.15 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (U) (CTV) (1) I-864(U) is valid for ten years (except for spouses/dependents who are granted immigrant visas for which a new Form I-864 must be obtained). (2) A person may be granted an I-864 for a spouse's/dependent's U visa for a new application if: (i) (A) The alien/family member has an approved I-864 for his/her spouse's/dependent's sponsored petition filed before the date of application and  (B) The approval is for a Form I-864. (ii) A spouse/dependent (not spouse) with more than one spouse is required to file each Form I-864(U) petition on its own for their spouse (3) A marriage of the alien-parent or adoptive parent to the child is prohibited.  A spouse may not file a petition for a son or daughter who is also an alien on a parent's sponsored petition. 9 FAM 601.16 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (U) (CTV) (CTV) (1) If a sponsor is to request additional documentation from an applicant to satisfy a condition or requirements of the Form I-864, he/she must send the appropriate document(s) to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services; the completed application is filed with the USCIS. (2) An approved U.S. attorney may provide additional evidence to satisfy I-864 conditions/requirements.

Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do USCIS I-864ez, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:

How to complete any USCIS I-864ez online:

  1. On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
  2. Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
  3. Add your own info and speak to data.
  4. Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
  5. Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
  6. Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
  7. Place an electronic digital unique in your USCIS I-864ez by using Sign Device.
  8. After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
  9. Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.

PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your USCIS I-864ez from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.

FAQ - Affidavit of support exceptions

What is the fee for affidavit of support?
There is a $120 fee per case for reviewing the Affidavit of Support (Forms I-864, I-864A, and/or I-864EZ) when the form is filed in the United States. However, there is only one fee charged, even if there are multiple financial sponsors associated with a single case. This fee is paid online at ceac.state.gov.
What evidence do I need for affidavit of support?
A copy of your individual federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of every Form 1099, schedule, and any other evidence of reported income.
How do I prove my affidavit of support?
The person who signs the Affidavit of Support is also called the sponsor. The petitioner must complete Form I-864; however if the petitioner's income is insufficient, a joint-sponsor may agree to also complete an I-864 on the applicant's behalf. An Affidavit of Support is legally enforceable.
Do I have to do affidavit of support?
Yes. Even if you have obtained a joint sponsor to sponsor your relative, USCIS still requires you to submit an affidavit of support (including any required supporting documentation). You will remain the petitioning sponsor even though your relative has a joint sponsor.
How do I avoid affidavit of support?
Avoiding the Affidavit of Support They are children of the Petitioning sponsor. The Petitioning sponsor is a U.S. Citizen. They are 17 years or younger when they seek admission in the United States with the temporary Green Card stamp in their passport.
What is the minimum amount for affidavit of support?
The total value of assets must equal at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and the applicable Federal Poverty Guidelines. If, for instance, that shortfall is $5,000, you must include at least $25,000 in assets on your Affidavit of Support.
How long does it take to process affidavit of support?
The process of filing for an Affidavit of Support has many steps, each with its own processing time. After you submit your Form I-864, it takes about one-two months of processing time before you are scheduled for an interview.
How much annual income is required for affidavit of support?
The most common minimum annual income required to sponsor a spouse or family member for a green card is $22,887. This assumes that the sponsor 14 the U.S. citizen or current green card holder 14 is not in active military duty and is sponsoring only one relative.
If you believe that this page should be taken down, please follow our DMCA take down process here.